Finding the route was easy, as it was pracitcally on the doorstep, and I was soon underway on the official Great Glen Way route - clear signage keeping me on the right road all the way.
![]() |
| Can't really go wrong |
The weather improved as the morning went on, and with an excellent surface underfoot I was picking up a decent pace, at times even dawdling as I thought I'd reach Invermoriston too soon. With the sun shining, I was tempted to reach for the SPF20 if only to serve up a big "yah boo sucks!" to those who scoffed at me for taking it in the first place. However, as I'd left it in my other bag, it wasn't an option, but if you back me up, I'll just tell them I used it anyway - they'll never know otherwise!
The route on this side of the loch certainly affords more photo-ops with glorious views up and down the loch at every turn.
![]() |
| Approaching Invemoriston |
![]() |
| Blizzards in Aberdeen.....blah...blah...blah..... |
As predicted, I was in Invermoriston before lunchtime. Sisters Lindsey and Manda of the Craik na Dav B&B were only too happy to welcome me early however, and took great delight in showing me (over a lovley cup of tea) numerous photos and videos of the red squirrels, pine martins and huge variety of birdlife that are regular visitors to their garden.With most of the afternoon still to go, I popped back out again and had a wee wander round the village, taking in the Thomas Telford bridge, and the Falls of Invermoriston.
![]() |
| Thomas Telford - busy fella! |
![]() |
| Falls of Invermoriston |
Today's route can be viewed here.
All in all, a very pleasant day. Nothing of any consequence happened, and nothing much to report at all. No siree! Nothing whatsoever.....
Nothing anyone would believe anyway!
Disclaimer: The events depicted in this movie are fictitious. Any similarity to any person or creature either living, dead or mythical is merely coincidental. It could also be the shittest video ever uploaded to YouTube.





1 comment:
Hilarious Gus :-)
Post a Comment